Available stock made in EUR
0.25 kW – 132 kW (0.33 hp to 200hp)
100 V | 200 V | 400 V
Commander variable speed drives have established the standard of excellence in motor control since 1983 when Control Techniques launched the first world commercial vector drive. Since then, Commander has undergone several successful reiterations, each time bringing new technology and innovations to the world of automation.
The new Commander C series has been designed to be a simple and compact AC motor speed controller that meets advanced requirements in a wide range of applications and provides optimum user experience.
Simple set up. 3 steps to control
Setting up a drive can require training, specialist knowledge and time.
Not with Commander C: it will get you up and running, from out of the box to controlling your motor, in minutes.
Three simple steps will set up your drive for most fan, pump, compressor, conveyor and general purpose applications!
Try our drive simulator and see just how easy it is to set-up the Commander C!
Open loop vector or V / Hz induction motor control ✓ Open loop Rotor Flux Control for induction motors (RFC-A) ✓
Ambient Operating Temperature Size 1 – 4: -20°C to 40°C (-4°F to 104°F) @ 3 kHz switching freq. | Operation to 60°C (140°F) with de-rating
Size 5 – 9: -20°C to 40°C (-4°F to 104°F) @ 3 kHz switching freq. | Operation to 55°C (131°F) with de-rating
Cooling Method Forced convection Humidity 95 % non-condensing at 40 °C (104 °F)
Size 1 – 4: -40°C to 60°C (-40°F to 140°F) — 24 months Max.
Size 5 – 9: -40°C to 55°C (-40°F to 131°F) — 24 months Max.
Altitude De-rate the continuous output current by 1% for every 100 m (328 ft) above 1000 m (3,280 ft) to a maximum of 3000 m (9,840 ft) Vibration Tested in accordance with IEC 60068-2-64 and IEC 60068-2-6 Mechanical Shock Tested in accordance with IEC 60068-2-27 and IEC 60068-2-29 Enclosure Rating IP20, NEMA 1 conduit kits available Electromagnetic Capability IEC/ EN 61800-3 Immunity and Emissions
EN 61000-6-2: Immunity for industrial environments
EN 61000-6-4: Emissions for industrial environmentsM/br> EN 61000-3-2: Harmonic current emissions
An EMC data sheet is available on request
RoHS Complies with the Restriction of Hazardous Substances Directive (2011/65/EU)
AC Supply Requirements
Voltage 100 V models: 100 to 120 Vac ±10%
200 V models: 200 to 240 Vac ±10%
400 V models: 380 to 480 Vac ±10%
Phase 1Ø and 3Ø (Model dependent) Maximum Supply Imbalance 2% negative phase sequence, 3% voltage imbalance between phases Input Frequency 45 to 66 Hz Input Displacement Power Factor 0.97
Switching Frequency Size 1 – 4: 0.667, 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 8 12 & 16 kHz
Size 5 – 9: 2, 3, 4, 6, 8 12 & 16 kHz
Output Frequency Range 0 to 550 Hz Frequency Accuracy ±0.02% of full scale Frequency Resolution 0.01 Hz Analog Input Resolution Voltage mode: 11 bits (unipolar) Current mode: 11 bits Braking Dynamic braking transistor included, requires external resistor
DC Bus Undervoltage Trip 100 V models: 175 Vdc
200 V models: 175 Vdc
400 V models: 330 Vdc
DC Bus Overvoltage Trip Frame sizes 1 – 4:
100 V models: 510 Vdc
200 V models: 510 Vdc
400V models: 870 Vdc
Frame size 5 – 9:
200V models: 415 Vdc
400 V models: 830 Vdc
Drive Overload Trip Programmable: Default settings: 180% for 3s, 150% for 60s Instantaneous Overcurrent Trip 220% of rated motor current Phase Loss Trip DC bus ripple threshold exceeded Over-temperature Trip Drive heatsink temperature exceeds 95°C (203°F) Short Circuit Trip Protects against output phase-to-phase fault Ground Fault Trip Protects against output phase-to-ground fault Motor Thermal Trip Electronically protects the motor from overheating due to loading conditions
Approval & Listings
UL, cUL UL file NMMS/8: E171230 CE CE approval EU These products comply with the Restriction of Hazardous Substances Directive (2011/65/EU), the Low Voltage Directive (2014/35/EU) and the Electromagnetic Compatibility Directive, (2014/30/EU). RCM RCM Registered supplier No. 12003815281 ISO Manufacturing facilities comply with ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 14001 TÜV
C300 models only: The Safe Torque Off (STO) function may be used as a safety component of a machine.
Type examination certificates by TÜV Rheinland:
Frame sizes 1 – 4: No. 01/205/5383.03/18
Frame sizes 5 – 9: No. 01/205/5387.02/18
Functional safety parameters:
EN ISO 13849-1 – Cat 4, PLe
EN61800-5-2/EN62061/IEC 61508 – SIL 3
UL functional safety approval: FSPC E171230
Whatever your application, Commander C is the perfect solution across industry
The Commander series are simple and compact AC motor speed controllers that meet advanced requirements in a wide range of applications. Their small footprint – among the smallest in their class – makes them ideal for machine builders and OEMs, where size really matters.
FIND YOUR LOCAL DISTRIBUTOR OR REQUEST MORE INFORMATION
Pumping, Ventilating & Compressing
- Improved energy efficiency during periods of low demand
- On board PLC & PID functionalities make advanced control easy and efficient without the need of an external controller
- Skip Frequencies allow users to easily avoid equipment resonant frequencies, reducing high vibration levels
- Supply Loss Ride Through will keep the drive up and running through most power outages
- Accurate remote speed control with fieldbus communications
- S-ramp acceleration / deceleration profiling provides smooth speed transitions minimizing machine jerk
- Overload capacity up to 180% to add stability
- Avoids early wear and tear of the equipment
Lifting, Hoisting & Winching
- Adjustable mechanical brake sequencing with torque proving function – no need for an external controller
- Embedded PLC functionality can manage local I/O reducing the need for an external controller
- Smooth motion with enhanced open loop control
- Small physical size allows the drive to be mounted easily in smaller control cabinets
- Highly reliable in harsh environments, providing long lasting service
Processing (Mixers, Kneaders, Crushers, Agitators, Centrifuges, Extruders)
- Ease of integration to external PLC or other management systems through powerful networking options
- Conformal coating for enhanced environmental protection
- Overload capacity up to 180%
- Highly stable motor control