Modern, cost effective DC drive with excellent system integration flexibility
25 A – 7,400 A (5 HP – 6,080 HP)
24 V – 480 V | 575 V | 690 V
Control Techniques’ Mentor MP brings DC drive technology up to date, enabling existing and new DC motors to provide economic and productive service.
DC drive technology remains cost effective, efficient and is relatively simple to implement.
Flexible system integration
Mentor MP is a modern DC drive based on Control Techniques’ current AC drive technology. This means that Mentor MP inherits the system integration flexibility, such as:
- Three option module slots for automation control, I/O, feedback devices and communications
- SmartCard for PLC program and parameter storage
- Software tools for easy configuration and monitoring
Technology for reliability and performance
Mentor MP takes a step forward in performance, robustness, and reliability:
High performance motor control:
- Galvanic isolation (patent pending) between power and control protects the control circuits and other equipment connected to the drive from the high voltages on the power circuit. This feature is unique on DC drives
- Protection system against poor quality industrial power supplies and lightning strikes
- Integrated drive and motor protection
Flexible field control
Internal field controller with intelligent field weakening means that 90% of applications require no additional external controller:
- Integrated field control on frame size 1 to 8 A
- Integrated field control on frame size 2 to 20 A
- Flux control for enhanced open-loop performance
- External FXMP25 field control to 25 A
Mentor MP has been designed as an easy upgrade for Mentor II. It has the same physical dimensions and power connection layout. Software tools have been developed to easily migrate to the new platform.